<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.kinksarethenewpink.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Kinks Are The New Pink: Rock This!: Baseball Caps

Monday, April 16, 2012

Rock This!: Baseball Caps

Hi there! I hope everyone had a great weekend :) I've actually been feeling a bit under the weather (probably because of all this crazy weather) and have been trying to get some rest, if there is anything I absolutely hate being, its being sick :P

But nonetheless, the show must go on! Today, I'm bringing you an edition of "Rock This" featuring the hot new fashion accessory...the baseball cap! This actually came about from talking with a good friend of mine, Michelle, who recently bought a Chicago baseball cap (which is super cool, btw, check it out here) and wanted to figure out different ways to style it that wasn't your basic t-shirt + jeans look. I decided to take up the challenge and created 3 different ways that she (and you!) can style this new must-have accessory.

I think this first look would be perfect for Michelle as she has that edgy + cool sense of style that I love. You definitely need a certain amount of swag to complete this look. I can totally see someone pounding the streets of New York (or Paris, *winkwink*nudgenudge* Michelle) in this.



This one is definitely my favorite as it's so relaxed and easy to wear. This would be perfect for a casual weekend with friends spent shopping, eating out, or hey even attending an actual baseball game ;)

Last but not least, an unexpected pairing. I love how both the loafers and baseball cap bring a casual element to a flirty skater dress. Wear this when running errands to stay cute + casual while on-the-go.

I think the key to making a baseball cap more fashion-forward than frumpy-dumpy is to choose hats that are in neutral colors so that they'll pair with practically anything and also make sure there is minimal to no branding on the front. That way you can throw it on as you would any other accessory for a boyishly-cool, laid-back fashionista vibe.

What say you, readers? Have you or will you try accessorizing with a baseball cap? Would love to hear how you all would wear it! :) Thanks for reading!

'Till Next Time...


Update: So I entered this post into IFB's Project of the Week - Sporty Chic Style and it was one of the posts to be featured in their top 10! Yayyyy, haha! You can check out the other featured posts here. Thanks to IFB for featuring my post! :)

Labels: , , ,

11 Comments:

At April 16, 2012 at 5:54 PM , Anonymous Sara B.C. said...

I prefer the third look, although I must admit that I have never worn a cap. Maybe when I was a little child to protect from the sun? In Spain, people don't really wear caps (at least, not Spaniards; only Latin American gangs :P ), so I'm afraid everybody in the street would be staring at me if I wore one (or would cross the road to avoid me thinking I'm the newest and only white member of a Latin American gang :P ). Culture shock, I'm afraid; caps are a non-existent accessory in Spanish (and I dare say most European) fashion.

Sara from A Modern-Day Lady

 
At April 17, 2012 at 8:38 AM , Anonymous Ashlei said...

You know, the more I look at the third outfit, the more and more I like it, haha! At first I was unsure about it, but it's grown on me, lol :) That's so interesting how different cultures can be, I wouldn't think twice if I saw someone walking down the street in a cap, thanks for sharing!

 
At April 17, 2012 at 12:25 PM , Anonymous Flavia said...

I've been wanting that Alexander Wang  skirt for a while now. So cute! It was great meeting you at Bakers :)
xoxo

 
At April 17, 2012 at 1:15 PM , Anonymous Em Vee said...

Love it!  So going to rock the 1st outfit!  They can look all they want, it's called swag. ;)  Thanks Ashmo!

 
At April 17, 2012 at 4:29 PM , Anonymous Ashlei said...

Isn't it fab?! :) it was great meeting you too & hope to see you around some more! Thanks for commenting :)

 
At April 17, 2012 at 4:31 PM , Anonymous Ashlei said...

Yayyyy! I'm so glad you like it :D lookin at you wit your pretty girl swag, excited for our shopping adventure tomorrow! :)

 
At April 18, 2012 at 9:07 PM , Anonymous Anastasia from In Foodie Fashion said...

Loove the lazy day comfort look. Dark skinnies and a cozy knit are def my go-to. And are a safe bet for the weather here in San Francisco... lol

Cheers,

Anastasia
T: @infoodiefashion

P.S. check me out at #9 on heartifb.com top ten Sporty chic looks!!

 
At April 19, 2012 at 3:19 AM , Anonymous Barefoot Duchess Blog said...

The third one is my favorite! Congrats for making it to the IFB's Top 10

 
At April 19, 2012 at 4:55 AM , Anonymous Virginia said...

wow! love your proposals!!!!!

xoxo!
self-dressed.blogspot.com

 
At April 19, 2012 at 9:01 AM , Anonymous Ashlei said...

Thanks so much, chica! Congrats to you as well! :D I loved your outfit!

 
At April 19, 2012 at 9:01 AM , Anonymous Ashlei said...

Thanks, Virginia! :D

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Feel free to leave a comment, I love getting feedback :]

Have a great day!

-Ashlei

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home