<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.kinksarethenewpink.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Kinks Are The New Pink: Outfitted: Bellbottoms + Denim Vest

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Outfitted: Bellbottoms + Denim Vest


Hey there guys and gals! Is it just me or has this week been dragging? March doesn't seem to want to end, though I shouldn't be complaining because things are going to get a little crazier around here once April hits. DCT and I are officially moving out of Lincoln Park, to where is still being determined, but we're ready to try a new Chicago neighborhood. I always get a thrill out of the thought of moving and hunting for a new place (probably the military brat in me, haha!), I find it exciting to envision what it'd be like to live in different places and how I would make it my own.

All that I've just mentioned has absolutely nothing to do with this post, haha! I just felt like sharing (sharing is caring after all, right?). For this week's outfit post I was having a little of a 70's style moment, for those of you who don't know I love fashion from the 70's - the colors, the prints, the cool boho chicness, I'm all about it!

Which brings us to one of my favorite finds from Crossroads, my velvet Theory flare (border-line bellbottom) pants.





Though I didn't wear them this way, they're actually high-waisted pants (which is an extra bonus in my book). I spent the day running around doing errands therefore I wanted to keep my look pretty casual, so I threw on a green t-shirt and the denim vest I made myself (see how to here!). Finally to add a little more interest/color/print, I threw on my floral scarf and summer fedora and called it a day. When in doubt, always throw on a few accessories to take a causal outfit from "womp womp" to "oh wow!", Haha! ;)





Thanks so much for reading!

'Till Next Time...

::Outfit::
Pants - Theory (similar)
Top - H&M
Denim Vest - DIY (see here)
Scarf - Gift from DCT's mom (I also like this, this, or this)
Fedora - A'Gaci (Loving this one)
Booties - Steve Madden
Accessories - Michael Kors rings, bracelet, watch; Ray Ban aviators

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At March 29, 2012 at 12:29 PM , Anonymous kenda said...

great pants. i like the casual feel your denim vest adds to the outfit. perfect errand-running getup.

 
At March 29, 2012 at 10:02 PM , Anonymous Ashlei said...

Thanks Kenda! :D

 
At March 30, 2012 at 1:57 PM , Anonymous Tfmosley3 said...

Those pants almost make you look tall

 
At March 30, 2012 at 9:56 PM , Anonymous Ashlei said...

Ha! Thanks Mom...It's not like I'm THAT short :P

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Feel free to leave a comment, I love getting feedback :]

Have a great day!

-Ashlei

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home