<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.kinksarethenewpink.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Kinks Are The New Pink: Event Recap :: Meeting Rebecca Minkoff

Friday, April 26, 2013

Event Recap :: Meeting Rebecca Minkoff

Rebecca Minkoff Nordstrom Chicago

Hi everyone! This past Wednesday I had the opportunity to meet one of my favorite designers - Rebecca Minkoff! She came to Chicago for a personal appearance at Nordstrom where they showcased her spring collection, offered light appetizers and refreshments, and had a meet & greet with Ms. Minkoff, herself!


Rebecca Minkoff Nordstrom Chicago
Rebecca Minkoff Nordstrom Chicago

I've always loved her designs for their tomboyish-chic appeal and how easy they seem to wear. They're the perfect balance of femininity - with floral prints and pretty dresses, and toughness with leather jackets and sharp cut blazers. It's hard not to want every single piece, I would be perfectly happy if I could only wear her designs for the rest of my life, haha!

Rebecca Minkoff Nordstrom ChicagoRebecca Minkoff Nordstrom Chicago

And don't get me started on her bags! The Mini-M.A.C.'s are obviously a classic, and I almost purchased one during the event, but unfortunately being a responsible adult, paying bills have to come before purchasing designer bags :( 

However come next paycheck, all bets are off :D

Rebecca Minkoff Nordstrom Chicago
Showcasing her new studded speaker clutch and M.A.C.'s all lined up

Rebecca Minkoff Nordstrom Chicago
Completely obsessed with her laser cut handbags, especially this cerulean Skylar crossbody.

Rebecca Minkoff Nordstrom Chicago
I thankfully arrived on the early side so I didn't have to wait too long in line to grab a quick photo and have her sign the inside of my Rumor crossbody, which she informed me they were going to be bringing back!

Rebecca Minkoff Nordstrom Chicago
Rebecca Minkoff Nordstrom Chicago

Rebecca Minkoff Nordstrom Chicago
I will officially never give up this bag!

Happy Friday y'all! Hope everyone has a splendid weekend and as always - Thanks for reading!

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At April 26, 2013 at 2:25 PM , Anonymous Oh to Be a Muse said...

So great that you were able to meet her, Ashlei! Her spring collection looks great. And it's really nice that you got her to sign the inside of your bag. I'm sure you'll have that bag for a very, very long time. :)

Oh to Be a Muse
Shop Layered Muse

 
At April 26, 2013 at 8:42 PM , Anonymous Nicole said...

That's awesome! It's so cool that you were able to meet her. Lovely photos, the collection looks great!
Nicole
www.younglovestyle.blogspot.com

 
At April 27, 2013 at 10:14 PM , Anonymous Petite Therapy said...

omg very cool!! If I were you, I would stop using that bag.

 
At April 29, 2013 at 11:30 AM , Anonymous Ashlei said...

Yes, it was awesome! This bag will be passed down through the generations after me, haha! ;)

 
At April 29, 2013 at 11:31 AM , Anonymous Ashlei said...

Thanks Nicole! It was pretty sweet! :)

 
At April 29, 2013 at 11:40 AM , Anonymous Ashlei said...

Haha! I can't stop using this bag! I will probably use it till it is literally falling apart, lol ;)

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Feel free to leave a comment, I love getting feedback :]

Have a great day!

-Ashlei

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home