<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.kinksarethenewpink.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Kinks Are The New Pink: Event Recap :: Lucky Fabb, Day 2

Monday, April 15, 2013

Event Recap :: Lucky Fabb, Day 2

Hi everybody! And we're back with a full recap of Lucky Fabb Day 2! This day was filled with smaller breakout sessions, a handful of brand experiences, and opportunities to network with all those fabulous bloggers!

Here is a quick look at what I wore for the second day. I was going for a classic California-bohemian look with a white eyelet AllSaints dress, JustFab cut out wedges, a denim jacket, and chunky jewelry (check out more awesome styling from Lucky Fabb on their Who Was Best Dressed page)


I started the day off with a private breakfast hosted by Miss Me Jeans where Vanessa Flaherty, VP of Brand Development from DBA discussed points of differentiation you can apply to your blog. She touched on similar points that were expressed the day before during panel discussions including developing a unique voice and artistry, becoming an expert in you niche, being truthful, and evolving by changing things up and going to the next level.



It was a great refresher of all we learned the previous day and a wonderful start to the topics covered in the various breakout sessions. The breakfast was also an opportunity for me to meet some more bloggers I hadn't the day before including Ana from Scorching Style, Veronica from CidStyleFile, Carlina from Allergic to Vanilla, Romy from Romy Raves, and Madeline from Style Me Thrifty (be sure to check out their blogs, they're all fantastic!)


The breakout sessions included everything from how to pitch and new ways to monetize to styling resources and beauty tips. My favorite session by far was Grow Your Traffic with VP of Marketing for TheFind, Dave Cook and Raman Kia, Executive Director of Integrated Strategy for Conde Nast Media. Both were excellent speakers, we had a really great SEO chat and I definitely left learning some new SEO tactics.


In between breakout sessions there were brand experiences hosted by various sponsors of the conference including JustFab, LeSportsac, AG Jeans, L'Occitane, Style Network, and Tacori.


Following all the breakout sessions was cocktail time (my favorite time of the day) hosted by ModCloth, where we all got to mix and mingle one last time before saying goodbye and grabbing our ridiculously massive gift bags.



I have to confess it was hard to say goodbye even after only two days, it was such a supportive and inspiring environment I didn't want to leave, haha! But I'm ready to apply what I learned to Kinks are the New Pink, I have a feeling there are some exciting opportunities that may come our way and definitely some changes that are going to be made within the month, so stay tuned!

Thanks so much reading! Happy Monday!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At April 16, 2013 at 11:07 AM , Anonymous Desiree said...

Lucky FABB sees like such a great conference. Thanks for the recap. I love those shoes too. I'm sure that the fashion was pretty impressive throughout the weekend.

 
At April 17, 2013 at 8:26 AM , Anonymous Ashlei said...

It was such a great experience! And yes the fashion was out in full force, haha! Glad you enjoyed the recap!

 
At April 23, 2013 at 7:36 PM , Anonymous Style Me Thrifty said...

Thanks for the shout-out, Ashlei! And great recap. It really was an amazing experience! Hope to do it again with ya in the future. ~Madeline

 
At April 25, 2013 at 6:58 AM , Anonymous Ashlei said...

No problem lady! I agree, next time New York!? ;)

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Feel free to leave a comment, I love getting feedback :]

Have a great day!

-Ashlei

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home