<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.kinksarethenewpink.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Kinks Are The New Pink: Outfitted :: Denim on Denim

Friday, May 10, 2013

Outfitted :: Denim on Denim

Zara chambray (old) / Mink Pink denim shorts / H&M metallic loafers / Thrifted scarf / Marc by Marc Jacobs bag / Forever 21 sunnies

What upppp! Happy Friday y'all! Who's excited it's Friday? This girl. I have a 3-day weekend ahead of me and I couldn't be more estactic to use these days to put my life back together. You know when you just continually let things slide and before you know it everything is in disorder? My apartent needs a good cleaning, laundry hasn't been done in I don't know how long, my finals are due, and DCT and I need to have a date night at the grocery store. 

I know this sounds like a pretty lame-o extended weekend, but I can't tell you how thrilled I am to be able to have time to do all of this. Kids, welcome to adult life ;)


Enough about my thrilling weekend plans, lets talk about denim. Specifically denim on denim, this look is very on trend for summer and though it can seem tricky to pull off, following a few simple guidelines will help you look casual-chic and not at all like you're signing up for a 90's boy band revival - denim jumpsuits, frosted tips, and all!

Whenever I go for the denim on denim look I try to pair denim in different washes or colors as it keeps the outfit from being one note. Adding a denim piece with some sort of print - like polka dots! - or distressing also helps break up a more monochromatic look by adding texture.

Also, accessories are your best friend when pairing denim with denim. Add a cool leather belt, a playful scarf - see above! ;) - or layered necklaces. Again, this helps break up the look so it's more appealing to the eye :)


Finally, the key to trying this trend is finding denim that fits you! You can follow all the previous guidelines to a tee, but the look still won't go over well if your denim is ill-fitting. And now-a-days you don't have to spend a fortune for a pair of great jeans, Gap 1969 have always been a go-to for me, along with Levi's and Madewell is my heaven on earth when it comes to great fitting denim.

So what are your thoughts? Will you be trying out the denim on denim trend this summer? Lemme know!

Thanks for reading! Happy Weekend!


*Shop this look!

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At May 24, 2013 at 2:07 PM , Anonymous Baby Shopaholic said...

LOVE it! Your outfit is so cute and fun!

 
At May 24, 2013 at 3:41 PM , Anonymous Ashlei said...

Thanks chica! xx

 
At May 24, 2013 at 3:41 PM , Anonymous Ashlei said...

I love that it's making a comeback! Thanks, Alice!

 
At May 24, 2013 at 5:24 PM , Anonymous ciaa said...

You look very chic. Love the kinks too !
www.mycurvesandcurls.com

 
At May 25, 2013 at 12:52 AM , Anonymous Ashlei said...

Thanks Ciaa! Loving your kinks as well ;)

 
At May 27, 2013 at 5:57 AM , Anonymous melissa said...

everyone loves this trend ... check out my take on it at faith family fashion blog

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Feel free to leave a comment, I love getting feedback :]

Have a great day!

-Ashlei

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home