<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.kinksarethenewpink.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Kinks Are The New Pink: What to Wear :: A Very *Velvet* Holiday

Friday, November 30, 2012

What to Wear :: A Very *Velvet* Holiday

Hi there! So, unfortunately I've been feeling a bit under the weather this past week and could not muster up the strength to take outfit pictures (plus if I wasn't going to work, I pretty much lived in sweatpants and a t-shirt all week). I'm going to try and beat this thing over the weekend as next week is going to be jam packed with school finals, holiday outings, and a special friend who I haven't seen in years will be coming to visit soon! So there will be lots of tea, soup, and NyQuil filling up my weekend in order to be in tip-top shape come Monday.

But while I force uncomfortable amounts of snuggle time on my cats and con DCT into catering towards my every need, I thought I'd get some style advice from you, lovely readers. Next weekend is my company's holiday party and this year we have a theme - Velvet. I have a couple velvet pieces, but I almost never wear them, so I've been playing around in my closet trying to come up with a few outfit ideas and I've narrowed it down to three possible selections. I would love your input on which you think I should go with!


Holiday Party
I like the play on textures with the leather peplum top and velvet pants. And with all the black you know I have to add some sort of color, and I think the blue suede shoes would be the perfect pop, plus I can never say no to a statement shoe. Finally I like how the silver accessories complete the look.

Holiday Party 2
I think I'm leaning towards this look the most as I have the majority of the pieces in my closet already. Velvet shorts are a little unexpected and I find the darker, ox blood blazer gives a more refined look to a holiday outfit than a bright Christmas red.

Holiday Party
This look is what I like to call 'go Glam or go Home', haha! This may be a little too fancy pants for my company's party, but I think it'd be fun to rock it anyways. The crimson red velvet dress is very va-va-voom and I'll gladly use any excuse to carry a sparkly gold clutch. It's very modern day/real life Jessica Rabbit, no? Haha!

So there we have it! Any and all thoughts would be greatly appreciated! Thanks for reading and Happy Friday!

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At November 30, 2012 at 7:25 PM , Anonymous h squared fashion said...

That second looks is beyond perfect!

www.hsquaredfashion.com

 
At November 30, 2012 at 10:30 PM , Anonymous Ashlei said...

Thanks lady! I'm all about the second look as well! I think it might be the winner ;)
xx

 
At December 2, 2012 at 11:39 AM , Anonymous MerelyMarie said...

I like the first look. The second look looks more you (from your style posts). The last look...in my mind...I see "an entrance" being made. Ha! Hope you're feeling better!

 
At December 2, 2012 at 12:52 PM , Anonymous Ashlei said...

Haha! Yes! "An entrance" would definitely be made with that last outfit, and I don't know if my company is ready for that, lol! I agree the second is more me, but I kinda have these velvet pants I've been eyeing and this would be the perfect excuse to buy them....right? Haha! Thanks Marie!
xx

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Feel free to leave a comment, I love getting feedback :]

Have a great day!

-Ashlei

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home