<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.kinksarethenewpink.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Kinks Are The New Pink: In Living Color: Tangerine Tango!

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

In Living Color: Tangerine Tango!

Hi everyone! Today I want to introduce a new post series that I'll *hopefully* be posting about every couple weeks or so :) In this series I'm going to take a color that I've either been seriously crushing on/buying a lot of or that is all the rage in the fashion world (I'm looking at you mint green, haha!), and show you how you can easily incorporate it into your wardrobe! To kick things off I figured there was no better color than Pantone's 2012 Color of the Year - Tangerine Tango.

Tangerine Tango


Tangerine Tango is a spirited, reddish orange that is described by the executive director of Pantone, Leatrice Elseman, as "marrying the vivaciousness and adrenaline rush of red with the friendliness and warmth of yellow...a magnetic hue that emanates heat and energy".

So how do you style this exotic, fiery hue?


Neutral Beauty
When in doubt with what to wear with such a bold color always go for neutral, classic pieces to create a casual chic look. This way you stand out, but still look pulled together. If you want to be a little more bold try mixing in a print or different textures in your accessories. I think these leopard loafers add just the right amount of sass for a casual day at the office or weekend brunch.

Lady in Tangerine
Shop The Look: Dorothy Coral Damask Dress / Carvela Anna Bow Front Heel / ASOS Metal Detail Envelope Clutch / Purple Enamel Flower Ring

You know they say opposites attract, and as the saying goes bright, bold hues like Tangerine Tango and light, airy pastels are very attractive! The lilac purple complements the bright orange perfectly. This would be a wonderful springtime outfit for Easter Sunday, an afternoon wedding, or a classy backyard barbecue.


Bright + Bold


Sometimes you just have to go for it! The key to wearing this many bright colors is to keep everything else about the garments simple. Any extra frills and it might come off as being too much. The same goes for your accessories, as before when wearing bright colors, neutrals are your best friend. :)

And there you have it! So what do you think lovely readers? Will you be adding some Tangerine Tango to your wardrobe?

Thanks for reading!

'Till Next Time...

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At April 4, 2012 at 12:08 PM , Anonymous Oh to Be a Muse said...

what a great idea! i love all three of your sets. also a big fan of both tangerine and mint green. :)

 
At April 4, 2012 at 2:49 PM , Anonymous Ashlei said...

Thanks Cheryl! I agree tangerine and mint green go wonderfully together as well, I was contemplating adding that pairing in as well :) Thanks for all your great comments!
Sent from my iPad

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Feel free to leave a comment, I love getting feedback :]

Have a great day!

-Ashlei

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home