<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.kinksarethenewpink.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Kinks Are The New Pink: Getting Kinky: Daily Winter Hair Routine (Water Not Included)

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Getting Kinky: Daily Winter Hair Routine (Water Not Included)

Happy Wednesday everyone! We're halfway through the week! Today I wanted to share with you all my winter hair routine as I've finally figured out something that works for me and my hair.

1. Curls, Lavish Curls Moisturizer (Target), 2. Aussie, Hair Insurance Leave-in (Any drugstore), 3. Shea Moisture, Curl Enhancing Smoothie (Target/Walgreens), 4. Carol's Daughter, Healthy Hair Butter (Carol's Daughter)

For awhile my hair had been feeling very 'gunky', I was laying on the products way to thick and they would end up just sitting on top of my hair making it look and feel weighed down, flat and greasy. Not an attractive look. So I thought, let me get back to the basics I was using when I first went natural and now I feel my hair looks and feels so much better! My little curlies are defined once again!

When it comes to my daily routine keeping it as simple as possible is what works best for me. As you can tell I don't use that many products, and I usually only use one or two of the products above depending on how I'm styling my hair. As simple as can be!


This is how my hair usually looks when I first get up in the morning after sleeping with a silk scarf, as you can see my curls are matted, flat and not-so frolicious. So how do I fix this problem without, mind you, getting my hair wet as we are in the middle of winter in Chicago and there's no way my hair would dry by the time I walk out the door (trust me, I've tried it and it is not fun when that wind off the lake attacks your still damp head).

Well, first I jump in a hot shower! -Wait...what? But you just said you don't get your hair wet...- And I don't, I let the steam from the hot water work some magic for me and loosen up my curls as I get squeaky clean. I may also rub my fingertips along my scalp to help the process but I don't come out the shower with soaking wet hair.


This is my hair fresh from the shower, as you can see it's not as matted and flat as it was when I first get up, we're starting to already see some fluffy fro action going on...

Dollop of Shea Moisture

Next I add in some product to increase fluffiness and add some curl definition.. I usually use 4-5 pumps from the Lavish Curls Moisturizer, run it through my hair, follow it with a dollop of the Shea Moisture Curl Smoothie annnnnd that's it. I may add a little JoJoba Oil to the Curl Smoothie for some added moisture and shine, but other than that, I am done with my hair. By the time I'm dressed and ready to take on the day I've got serious fro action...





Like I said, simple. How do you refresh your hair after getting some Zzzz's?

'Till Next Time...

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At February 1, 2012 at 5:24 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

aww look great i love the little curls x

http://lolitasfashionideas.blogspot.com/

 
At February 1, 2012 at 5:54 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Lolita! I recognize your blog and visit it quite often so it means a lot that you stopped and commented! Thanks again!

xx

 
At February 1, 2012 at 10:51 PM , Blogger Shannon said...

You're so pretty! And your hair looks nice.



- Shannon
www.shannonsometimes.com

 
At February 1, 2012 at 11:33 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Awww *blushes* Thanks Shannon! :)

xx

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Feel free to leave a comment, I love getting feedback :]

Have a great day!

-Ashlei

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home