<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.kinksarethenewpink.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Kinks Are The New Pink: Outfitted: 70's Summertime

Friday, July 22, 2011

Outfitted: 70's Summertime

So I had a little spark of inspiration last night thanks to my dance class. I take a class called Be Moved once a week and every week we learn a new genre of dance and this week was DISCO! I really took to the disco for some reason, I think it's because I was just meant to live during the 70's (as this blog goes on we'll talk more than a few times about my 70's fashion obsession). I wouldn't say disco specifically inspired this Happy Friday outfit, unfortunately you won't see any crazy sequined, over-sized bellbottom jumpsuit although that would be pretty awesome - today you'll just find my slightly modern take on summertime in the 70's. Enjoy!



Shirt - Forever 21 / Shorts - H&M / Sandals - Aldo

IMG_1857

IMG_1861IMG_1863
Yup, those earrings are made from mini records, Stevie Wonder baby!
IMG_1868IMG_1873
One of my kitties decided to visit today, she wasn't that into the pictures though ;]
IMG_1877

T.G.I.F.

Post Update: I meant to post a link to the store where you can buy the vinyl record earrings, but I had forgotten what it was until this weekend when I saw the designer at the BGLH Natural Hair meetup (more on that later)! So, her name is Ebony Leaks, her store is called Vinyl Expressionz and you can shop her collections here - http://www.vinylexpressionz.com/ - definitely check her out if you're looking for some funky jewelry ;)

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

At July 23, 2011 at 2:52 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

really like those earrings!

xo Ashleigh

www.thedaileigh.blogspot.com

 
At July 23, 2011 at 3:24 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Ashleigh! :)

 
At July 23, 2011 at 4:17 PM , Blogger lop said...

hey!
you have a great style, love the shorts and hat!
your cat is so sweet!!
http://thecolorbox.blogspot.com/
margaret

 
At July 23, 2011 at 6:31 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Margaret! Stay tuned for more, haha ;)

p.s. I <3 your style as well, you have a great blog!

 
At July 24, 2011 at 4:07 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

your earrings are so fun!!

<3 steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons

 
At July 24, 2011 at 4:12 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Steffy! :)

 
At July 25, 2011 at 11:55 AM , Blogger Nikia Jefferson said...

Umm..I need a pair of those earrings ASAP! Although, my hip-hop DJ/vinyl enthusiast of a husband would probably have a fit seeing vinyl made into earrings. He'll get over it. lol.

 
At July 25, 2011 at 1:46 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Haha! I'm just going to slide this right here, you can decide how to proceed ;) - http://www.vinylexpressionz.com/

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Feel free to leave a comment, I love getting feedback :]

Have a great day!

-Ashlei

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home