<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.kinksarethenewpink.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Kinks Are The New Pink: Outfitted :: Mixing Prints

Monday, February 25, 2013

Outfitted :: Mixing Prints

Happy Monday lovers! Wow, this weekend was killer. I had all these plans of being a social butterfly when in actuality I spent the majority, if not all, my time doing school work, but I suppose that's what I get for procrastinating throughout the week. I really need to work on my time management skills.

Despite being inside sucked into the black hole that is grad school homework, I still managed to put this little number together, even though I didn't go anywhere until it was time for my 8pm work meeting...on a Sunday...on Oscar's night (yup, I was super thrilled).

This outfit is a crazy mash-up of prints, even when I thought of it in my mind I wasn't sure it would work in real-life. A graphic print cardigan, floral blouse, and leopard print booties would seem like a bit much (even my mind was like 'woah Ashlei, let's pump the breaks'), but it managed to come together and I have to admit, this is probably one of my favorite outfits so far.




Akira graphic cardigan (remixed here) / Pleione floral blouse (dreaming of this 3.1 Phillip Lim blouse) / H&M skirt / Old Navy leopard booties (remixed here and here) / Marc by Marc Jacobs Classic Q Baby Aidan / Elizabeth & James 'Eldridge' sunglasses

Purses hanging on the door include a vintage Coach and Michael Kors 'Sloane'.


Style Tip: If you're mixing more than 2 prints make sure they all have at least one matching color. As you can see here, the cardigan, blouse, and booties all have the color black which, in a weird way, helps them match one another. So whether you're wearing stripes, leopard, and polka dots or florals, plaids, and checks (I know it sounds like a lot, but it can work!), just be sure they have at least one similar color.

It's also important to keep all other accessories to a minimum, throwing on statement jewelry will take away from your statement print-mixing and can look too busy.



What are your thoughts? Is this too loud for your tastes? Let me know! :)

Thanks for reading!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

At February 25, 2013 at 9:51 AM , Anonymous Bria Crawford said...

Loving these mixed prints :)

http://youngblackcuriosity.blogspot.co.uk/

 
At February 25, 2013 at 9:56 AM , Anonymous Ashlei said...

Thanks Bria! I'm not crazy?! This actually works? Haha ;)

Thanks for stopping by!

 
At February 25, 2013 at 10:44 AM , Anonymous Taylor Stat said...

I seriously LOVE this jacket! So adorable and it seems to match with everything!

xo Taylor
thewearist.blogspot.com

 
At February 25, 2013 at 11:31 AM , Anonymous Ashlei said...

Thanks Taylor! It's kind of freaky how well this jacket goes with everything, some sort of fashion voodoo is going on here, haha!

xx

 
At August 19, 2013 at 6:15 AM , Anonymous Ginikachi Eloka said...

REALLY LOVE THE JACKET!

 
At August 19, 2013 at 4:48 PM , Anonymous Ashlei said...

Thank you! It's one of my faves!!

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Feel free to leave a comment, I love getting feedback :]

Have a great day!

-Ashlei

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home