<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.kinksarethenewpink.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Kinks Are The New Pink: "Winter is Coming"...So Here Are 5 Parkas to Help Battle the Cold.

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

"Winter is Coming"...So Here Are 5 Parkas to Help Battle the Cold.


Yesterday's early morning frost on the windows was only a small sign of what's coming...winter. Typically, I tolerate, even enjoy the colder temperatures during the holiday season, drinking my fill in eggnog while snow falls is simply more idyllic than if it were 70 and sunny. However, once New Year's comes and goes I'm ready for winter and it's snow to do the same.

Predictions say this year is going to be a rough one, we just got by too easy last year. But don't let the chill get you down! You can keep toasty in the 'it' coat of this blustery season - the winter parka.

I know, I know. You're thinking 'A parka?! But they're so unflattering and misshapen. I don't want to look like I'm wearing a sack or worse, a marshmallow!' Keep calm. Parkas and puffer coats have received a much needed update this season. And just to prove my point, I've gathered five of my favorites to show you that keeping warm and looking fresh really can go hand in hand.

Parkas 1
(Marc by Marc Jacobs Laced Rain Boot / Madewell Counting Sheep Sweater / TopShop Nude ZigZag Beanie / Colette Flouzen Cashmere Gloves)

This brilliant colbalt J.Crew puffer coat is a sure way to make a statement on the chilliest days. With an added belt to cinch the waist for a more figure-flattering appeal you can stay warm while looking très très chic.

Parka 2

You're army anorak just got a killer upgrade in Madewell's Fairbanks parka. With a quilted lining, an essential for a Chicago winter, cold days have met thier (stylish) match.

Parkas 3

There are two reasons to love this SAM parka exclusively from Intermix. 1. The wind resistant, water repellant, easy to care for, winter white exterior; and 2. the heavenly soft removable (but why would you want to?) fur liner. Looking like a snow bunny never felt so good.

Parkas 4

While dreaming of summer in the midst of a chilly day feel the heat of your dream in this Blutsgeschuwister puffer coat via ModCloth. With a charming red, wool-blend belt and trim, you'll look as sweet as berry wine against a picturesque white background.

Parkas 5

I've been all about leather detailing this season, and I find the faux leather side panels on this Miss Selfridge parka is both edgy and on trend. You'll look urban and hip in anything topped with this beaut.

Stay warm out there and thanks for reading!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Feel free to leave a comment, I love getting feedback :]

Have a great day!

-Ashlei

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home