<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.kinksarethenewpink.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Kinks Are The New Pink: Closet Cleansing: Step 2. Assess

Monday, April 2, 2012

Closet Cleansing: Step 2. Assess


Hi everyone! I'd like to welcome you to Step 2 of my Closet Cleansing process - Assess. For those of you who don't know I went through my closet and purged of all the items that no longer worked for me ( you can find out how I determined what stayed and what was tossed at Step 1 - Purge). Now it's time to assess what I kept, why I kept it, and what my closet actually needs going forward.

I have to say, it's been quite depressing/frustrating looking into my closet space and not really seeing anything. It's been a struggle figuring out what to wear every morning, especially since I technically can't buy anything just yet ( only one more week of Lent! I can sense my bank account depleting as I type this, haha!). But this has also been a blessing as its challenged me to work with what I still have and figure out new ways to style things (which at times is fun, but can also be very stressful when you're running late to work...haha).



So they say when assessing your closet, you need to go over what your closet needs and what you, personally, want your closet to have. I found that it's actually quite difficult to distinguish between needs and wants. I can come up with a thousand reasons why something I want is really something I need, haha! To help me distinguish between the two, I looked at needs vs. wants as staples vs. trends. If the item is more of a foundation piece that you can build outfits around and mix and match with various pieces, then it's a definite staple (or need). For example, some of my needs include:

-denim jacket
-black maxi dress
-neutral colored sandals
-dark wash flared denim

 In contrast, if it's more of an "of the moment" item that follows a current trend, I would consider it more of a want. Some of my wants include:

-mint green (pants and/or top)
-neon jewelry
-floral wide-leg pants

Try to keep your lists of needs & wants on you at all times (mine is currently in a little notebook I carry around, but I plan to transfer it to my phone so it'll always be with me.), you never know when the urge to purchase something might hit!


Stay tuned next week when we get to the best step in the whole process....Shopping! (yayyyyy!) Thanks for reading!

'Till Next Time...


Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At April 2, 2012 at 1:24 PM , Anonymous GlamKitten88 said...

I love the way you organized your shoes.  I wish I could do that with my collection!  It would make my life so much easier.

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: GlamKitten88  

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Feel free to leave a comment, I love getting feedback :]

Have a great day!

-Ashlei

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home