<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.kinksarethenewpink.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Kinks Are The New Pink: Fashion Focus: The Designers of the Chicago Fashion Incubator

Friday, October 19, 2012

Fashion Focus: The Designers of the Chicago Fashion Incubator


Hi everyone! Apologies for the lack of posts this week, there's just not enough hours in the day! Haha ;) No matter, before the weekend fully hits I had to share with you all a little fashion event my friend and I attended on Wednesday. This week is Fashion Focus Chicago, which is Chicago's version of fashion week with fashion events and runway shows happening all around the city. I got the opportunity to snag some tickets to the Chicago Fashion Incubator (CFI) runway show presented by Macy's and CS Magazine which featured six designers currently in residence for the CFI program and a handful of their alumni showing their Spring 2013 collections.

I honestly didn't know what to expect, as this was my first runway experience, but it turned out to be really exciting and there were some beautiful designs presented. Some designs almost made me wish it was summer time again....almost ;) I took a ridiculous amount of pictures (way more than what you see here) which was funny because I... 
1. didn't really know what I was doing so I just took shots of everything and I mean everything and 2. kept filling up my memory card so during the short 30sec break between each designer's collection I was trying to delete old pictures off my card, haha! So, needless to say it was quite a different experience, but I would totally go back again next year and would look into attending different shows across the city.

Enough of my blabbering, enjoy the pictures below and I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!

Outfitted for the night...


She focuses her designs on white blouses and names each blouse after friends and family...loved.

Gorgeous floral head pieces...
Hand-dyed silk dress...love the addition of the beaded lace sleeve




Embellished collars...
The galaxy-like print was too cool, especially the way it looked when she walked...
The model with the scarf was the best "smizer" :)

Want this dress.
And this dress.


Creme wide-leg jumpsuit and studded bow belt was the bomb-dotcom ;)

Gorgeous webbed shield necklace



That's all folks! Thanks for reading!

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At October 22, 2012 at 10:59 AM , Anonymous Cheryl van den Berg said...

Whenever I go to fashion shows, I take shots of pretty much everything too. You have wonderful pictures here that really highlight the beautiful dresses. I would wear so many of these!

www.ohtobeamuse.com

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Feel free to leave a comment, I love getting feedback :]

Have a great day!

-Ashlei

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home